What could be more romantic than strolling through a spectacular Capability Brown landscape hand-in-hand, pausing for tea and home-made cake for two, exploring a treasure trove of independent shops to find the perfect token of affection and rounding it all off with a special Valentine’s Day meal?
One of the UK’s most diverse days out, The Trentham Estate on the edge of Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire, is overflowing with Valentine’s Day delights for Sunday, 14th February, and to encourage a bit of romance, visiting couples to Trentham Gardens will be treated to a special ‘loved one goes free’ offer.
Whether you fancy a sedate stroll around the misty, mile-long lake, a romantic walk through the woodlands, a fairy-tale adventure on the Fairy Trail or a visit to the famous giant dandelion sculptures, Trentham Gardens offers the perfect setting.
Stretching over 725 acres, there’s no shortage of stunning wildlife to see, from herons, otters and kingfishers to black fallow deer. Bring your camera and be sure to share your pics with us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Trentham Shopping Village is perfect for special and unpredictable presents, so you’re sure to find the perfect gift on a trip to Trentham…
• If your Valentine loves their bears, nearly as much as they love you, the friendly staff at One More Bear will tell you that there’s still room for one more soft and cuddly bear in their life. There’s a wide range, including Steiff Bears and Charlie Bear Limited Edition ‘Dish Delish’ Bears.
• For art lovers, Yellowstone Art Boutique is a one-stop shop. Pick up a personalised balloon print and unique Valentine’s cards sure to win the affections of your other half, all designed by Yellowstone owner Hannah Stoney. If you’re looking to woo your loved one with a grand gesture this Valentine’s then look no further than Goomoo’s light up letters. Keep things simple with your initials, or go all out with ‘I love you’.
• If your loved one has a sweet tooth then Whittard of Chelsea has the perfect gift – raspberry hot chocolate! And the best part is, it’s pink! Or maybe you’d rather lose track of time as you gaze into your loved
one’s eyes whilst enjoying a sharing sundae at Cadwaladers,
this Valentine’s Sunday!
• If your Valentine fancies themselves as a bit of a Whisky connoisseur, then The Whisky Shop is the place for you. The staff are very knowledgeable and when we popped in they suggested The Glenfarclas 1994 and the Loch Fyne Range would be the perfect gift.
• His and hers gift sets that look and smell fantastic adorn the shelves of L’Occitane, bath bombs and perfume at Bath and Body, and scented candles from The Candle Shop, Yellowstone Art Boutique and Trentham Garden Centre will help set the mood for a romantic night in.
• If you believe that the way to someone’s heart is via their stomach, Brown and Green are on hand to provide you with fresh, local and artisan food, and insider advice and recipes. If your Valentine is a bit of a foodie pick up a hamper and fill it full of their favourite foods as the perfect Valentine’s gift. Top it all off with a local tipple – Staffordshire wine and local beers such as Lymestone or Titanic will go down well.
• For personalised alcoholic gifts, whisky, pink vodka and even fizz with gold flutters Il Gusto has it all wrapped up! A great range of wines, liqueurs and spirits are available, decanted into specially shaped bottles of your choice. We think the love heart or stiletto shaped bottles are perfect for Valentine’s night.
• If you love spending time together in the great outdoors, why limit your romantic walks to just Valentine’s Day? An annual ticket allows entry to Trentham Gardens all year round plus extra benefits such as discount event tickets and discounts in selected shops.
Trentham Shopping Village is a real foodie destination for family feasts, sumptuous snacks and romantic dinners. With 14 cafes and restaurants to choose from, there’s something to suit every appetite.
• The Italian Garden Tearoom has a great view of the long stretching lake, as well as the Italian Garden itself. If you’re ready to warm up after a romantic stroll around the gardens, you can take advantage of the special Valentine’s lunch offer – two hot meals from the lunchtime menu and two hot drinks for just £16.
• Who better than the Italians at creating the food of love? Terrazzo del Giardino has a special Valentine’s menu and will have a special guest tinkling the ivories of their restaurant piano to set the mood.
• For wonderful service and hot Mediterranean food to woo your loved one, David’s Brasserie is the perfect place to enjoy each other’s company. Offering a four course Valentine’s menu certain to win the affections of your better half, it’s the perfect dinner for two.
Trentham Monkey Forest re-opens over the Valentine’s Day weekend and is an animal lover’s paradise. Standing just across the lake, it invites visitors to get up close with 140 free roaming Barbary macaques in the ancient Staffordshire woodland with no bars or cages to hinder your view.
For full details of all events, opening times, discounts, restaurants and shops visit www.trentham.co.uk